Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tv tv and more tv part 1

Ok so lately I've been finding myself getting more and more immersed in tv shows. It doesn't help with all the winter premieres of my favourite shows that are out and I haven't had time to watch. I will warn you now, I may accidental put in some spoilers so if you haven't watched the latest PLL or up to season 3 episode 9 of community and don't want to hear spoilers I will warn you now there may be a few.

First off there is Community. Community is a tv show that is based on the lives of a study group that's made up of 7 people who go to a community college. Here's descriptions of the main characters to my best attempt;

Jeff - Jeff is a former lawyer, actually I should say he was never legally a lawyer, he got a fake degree and became a lawyer, a good one as well. He has returned to community college to get this degree. Oh and he and Britta are having secret sex (;

Britta - Britta is big on human rights and in season 2/3 decides to major in psychology. She is known as the stoner. Oh and she and Jeff are having secret sex ;) (if you don't know what I'm talking about, watch s02e21!)

Abed - he is possibly the weirdest character to ever be portrayed on tv but is one of the best characters on the show. Best friends with Troy who later moves into a new apartment together with Annie His brain works like a computer and is portrayed as the 'nerd'

Troy - Troy is the 21yr old who is sort of stupid. He is best friends with Abed and he used to be a jock in high school but now through his friendship with Abed has turned into a more 'nerdy' character.

Annie - Annie is the youngest of the group and is seen by the rest as mrs innocent, when really she isn't. She was the outcast in high school and got heavily addicted to narcotics. She is now seen as the 'hot school chick' stereotype and there have been a few encounters between her and Jeff who is almost old enough to be her father ...

Shirley - Shirley is often seen as the 'mother' of the group given her age and the fact that she has 3 children at home, one of which was born during the anthropology final exam in season 2. She is a very religious woman and often frowns upon Jeff and Britta. She is often in no better words 'sassy'

Pierce - pierce is the oldest member of the group. He is a sexist racist old man who is usually excluded by the rest of the group. That's pretty much all I have to say about him haha

The dean - the dean is not a part of the study group, like the above 7 but he is a big character in the show. He always seems to walk in on their meetings, usually dressed up, to announce completely irrelevant news. He is a very flamboyant man and has been portrayed to have a thing for Jeff.

Chang - Chang is the Chinese outsider who always wants to be in the study group. He is always trying to think of new ways to get in the group as well. He very often uses his name as a name for something else, for example "I know this school like the back of my Chang" which I find quite creepy, Jeff usually calls him out on it though.

Ok I just took a huge long rant About community so instead of putting the other two shows in this post, I'll post them in the following days, and have a little series.

I hope you enjoyed this, hope I didn't bore you with my rant :p

No comments:

Post a Comment