Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tuesday "lesson" + Wednesday Lesson

Hello world to my second post centred around a ride, it's just one day late, OOPS

So yesterday I went to the barn at 5:30 for my lesson, but as I was walking past the arena and my coach called me over, turns out she had an appointment and they couldn't take her at any time other then 6:30 so we are in the process of rescheduling my lesson.

But I did still ride! Here's a photo of Simon when I went out to get him :P He's so cute :)


So For my ride I warmed up and then I decided that I was going to work on our lead changes. Although Simon hasn't done any full lead changes in the time that I have been leasing him (since September) and so I only did simple changes. Usually with simple changes he can be a bit picky, but yesterday he was really good  and listened to me when I asked him to come back. Once I finished doing this Simon had gotten pretty sweaty so I decided to cool him down bareback. Here's a picture of him before I got on :)


^I took these photos while trying to get him to follow me, didn't work LOL
I walked him out bareback for at least 15 minutes because of how sweaty he was aha. 

Ok, today I had a lesson, but unfortunately I forgot to get any photos but I will just explain what happened. I warmed up like usual then did spiral in and spiral out and then we worked on getting Simon into a "package" Here is a photo that easily explains it :) 

I got this from here

He went amazing, now I have ANOTHER lesson on Sunday and it will be a jumping lesson so I'm pretty excited! 



No comments:

Post a Comment