Wednesday 21 August 2013

August 21 lesson

So it is officially 12 days until school starts.. I'm not impressed. It is the start of my last year in High School and it is a scary thought. It is also 10 days until my next show :D. It is on September 1st at my barn! I am of course showing in the hopeful jumpers (like I've been doing all summer.. maybe I will post a post about what you have missed while I haven't been writing... even though I know that no one reads this LOL)

So today I had a jumping lesson and it was FANTABULOUS! Simon was an angel (who has a slight darkside (; ) and for the most part was really good! He jumped everything very well and really got me confident coming up to this show!

One slight downfall was when I was doing a rollback he landed on the wrong lead and I just went with it.. it didn't end well... he ended up slipping in his backend because of how hard the ground is (he was corked in the front) and nearly falling down completely. Fortunately he caught himself and was completely fine and once on the right lead after a little walk he was able to do the turn.

Tomorrow is the second last time I am going to be doing volunteer work this summer! It is sort of bitter sweet as even though it causes me to have to wake up early every Thursday, seeing the looks on most of the riders faces *I volunteer with the therapeutic riding program where disabled children and adults come to ride horses* after their ride really makes it worth it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their last week of no school!

Here's two random photos of Simon from this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment